Duration: 7 months or 29 Weeks
600 Clock Hours
1.Present a Valid picture ID
2. Present a High School diploma or GED. Prospective students that do not possess a high school diploma or GED must pass the Ability to Benefit Wonderlic exam provided by the institution. Minimum passing scores for the Wonderlic test are 200 in the Verbal Skills and 210 Quantitative Skills.
3. In order to qualify for enrollment, a one-on-one appointment with one of the school admissions’ representatives is required. During the one-on-one appointment, the admission’s representative will provide advisement services to assist the student in planning and completing the occupational education program for enrollment.
4. Documentation from another country must be accompanied by the corresponding translation and evaluation by a Florida approved agency or individual. For a listing of approved translators visit the American Translators Association www.atanet.org
5. Applicants who are at least 17 but younger than 18 years of age may enroll in any program under parental or legal guardian consent. A parent or legal guardian is required to sign the Enrollment Agreement.
6. Complete the admission’s application.
7. Pay the required $ 125 registration fee.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will possess the skills and hands on experience needed to become entry level Patient Care Technicians, utilizing patient care skills in a variety of healthcare settings.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Patient Care Technician (PCT) program is designed to train the student for an entry level position in all of the relevant aspects of patient care technician assistance, diagnostic testing specifically electrocardiography (EKG), phlebotomy, nursing assistant, home health care needs. This program is designed for those interested in an entry level position as patient care technician in a nursing home, rehabilitation facility, extended care facility, a hospital or as Home Health Care Aid. The student learns to use basic types of patient care technician/home health care, phlebotomy and EKG equipment. The student receives all required in-service training and certifications such as Domestic Violence, HIV/AIDS, OSHA, Infection Control and Universal Precautions, Geriatrics, Understanding Alzheimer’s Disease, Assistance with Self-Administered Medication Training, BLS Training. Upon completion of this program, student will possess the skills and hands on experience needed at an entry level Patient Care Technician utilizing patient care skills in a variety of healthcare settings.